Welcome to Santa Marina Holiday Village – the place where the sun is at home and enjoys as neighbours people from all over the world.
Santa Marina is a beach-front resort the concept of which emphasizes on services and comfort. The famous King’s Beach is just underneath Santa Marina, and the surrounding pine forests make the village even more cozy and pleasant to live in.
With the unique facilities, excellent living conditions and exclusive servicing, Santa Marina guarantees an inimitable accommodation and recreation style. The large number of pools, restaurants, bars, children attractions, leisure and additional facilities make Santa Marina the ideal place for family vacations, long-term accommodation and even permanent residing.
The residential scheme includes eighty 3- and 4-storey villas with apartments of various sizes as well as a wide range of services and facilities. The villas are arranged in an amphitheatric manner along the bay providing breathtaking sea views from most of the properties. The complex is built in the distinct architectural style of the Bulgarian 19th century National Revival period.
70% of the overall resort’s area of about 100,000 sq. m. is dedicated to gardens, park alleys, parking and service facilities.
Santa Marina Holiday Village was awarded the “Holiday Village of the Year” award in 2006 at the National Building of the Year Contest.
Facts and figures:
- Next to the King’s Beach
- 2 km north of Sozopol
- 34 km south of Bourgas
- 424 km east of Sofia
- General Information:
- Plot: 100,000 square meters
- Percentage of green areas: 70
- Total built-up area: 100,000 sq. m.
- Gardens and service areas: 70,000 sq. m.
- Villas: 80
- Services and entertainment: 5 swimming pools, Sun terraces with chaise-longues, reception porter, 3 restaurants (100 – 150 seats each), family club with kindergarden and animation in several languages; Pool bar, Lobby bar, Piano bar, Live cooking, Catering, Massage room, Convenience store, Tobacco and alcohol shop, Medical centre, Travel agency and rent-a-car services, Bicycle rent, Transfers from and to the Bourgas and Varna Airports and other tourist attractions, Laundry and dry cleaning, Postal services, Sun terraces with chaise-longues, Pizzeria, Ice-cream house, Fitness centre, Beauty centre and hair stylist, Aqua and spa area including sauna, steam baths, etc.
In Santa Marina, you may choose from apartments of different sizes and views. There are 4 basic types of properties: studios, one-bedroom apartments, two-bedroom apartments and split-level mansard studios.
All properties offer nice terraces, most of which offer unforgettable sea views.
Studios are between 44 and 56 sq. m.. Their space is separated into a living area and a sleeping corner. The kitchenette is located close to the bathroom.
One-bedroom apartments vary between 56 – 89 sq. m.
Two- bedroom apartments are between 82 and 165 sq. m. Apart from larger living and dining rooms, these apartments also enjoy larger terraces and fascinating sea views.
Top floor studios have sizes of 62 and 73 sq. m. and enjoy excellent sea views.
Santa Marina Holiday Village enjoys an excellent location on the Bulgarian Southern Black Sea coast: it is just above the famous King’s Beach, 2 km north of the ancient town of Sozopol and 34 km south of the city of Bourgas.
This majestic location has been selected for its:
• Outstanding natural beauty
• Magnificent views of the Black Sea
• Excellent access to key roads and services for the community
• Bourgas (40 min drive away) is the second biggest airport in Bulgaria, offering scheduled flights from most European capitals and many chartered ones during the summer season.
The small fishing town of Sozopol, which is flanked by two lovely beaches, has attracted the Bulgarian arty crowd for many years, who mingle with the tourists and local people in the old and new towns. Sozopol has many places of interest, varying from archeological and architectural monuments, arts and shows, restaurants and places for entertainment to port services and yacht clubs, ecological and sub aquatic sights, all of them forming the perfect holiday destination.
Nowadays, the town lays within the southern part of the Bourgas Bay and has approximately 5,000 inhabitants. Three branches are of great importance to the city’s economic development: tourism, farming and industrial fishing.
Marked by four distinct seasons and influenced by the sea, South-East Bulgaria, where the Bourgas Bay and Sozopol are located, enjoys a generally favorable climate that is one of the country's best features. Summers are typically hot and dry, but rarely oppressive, with moderate relative humidity. Winters are cold but not bitterly so. The average temperature in January is 6○ С, and in July 27○ С.
The Santa Marina villas are built with special construction materials that are perfectly suitable to the local climate and are a perfect combination of modern technology and traditional natural materials.
These include: an enforced concrete framework supported by external and internal red-brick walls; double insulation containing penopolystyrol, thermo-insulation and hydro-insulation; plasterboards that enable the perfect finishing of interior walls.
In addition, for the exterior of villas, 3 basic construction materials that are consistent with Sozopol’s architectural style are used: stones, white wall plaster and traditional wooden coating.
Finally, the typical sloped red tile roofs give a charming finish to the villas.
Several different furniture packs are available to order for Santa Marina apartments. All of them are designed to cover 4-star hotel accommodation requirements. The furniture packs differ in color, material, and style. Three of them are made of solid wood: the Spanish Brown, White Pine and Wenge options; the remaining three are produced of MDF: Ratan, Beech tree and Bamboo.
Certainly, the Santa Marina team of experts may provide individual interior design upon request. These may be produced from other materials. Also, additional pieces of furniture to the already existing packs can be ordered by you at Santa Marina.
With regards to floor coverings in living rooms, there are two basic types of tiles used in Santa Marina – Altemira and Mississippi. In the early stages of construction, you may choose between them or order other covers at an additional cost.
In bathrooms, you may also choose between two designs in the early stages of the building process: the “green” or the “brown” bathroom. The color of walls resembles the color of sand. It suits the surrounding environment and different furniture styles.
For all colour options, please contact us and we will provide you with photos and additional information.
Maintenance & Management
Payment of taxes and other costs of ownership
Each year, you should count with 3 costs for your apartment in Santa Marina:
1) Every physical and legal person in Bulgaria owes two kinds of communal taxes when owning a property in Bulgaria: tax on real estate properties (i.e. buildings) and a fee for waste disposal. The value of the communal taxes for Santa Marina apartments varies between 40 and 200 Euro depending on the size of the property
2) Utility bills in Bulgaria are not high. Given the current level of utility prices and assuming normal consumption of electricity, water, telephone, Internet, cable TV, etc. the total cost of utility bills will amount to about EUR 450 – 500 per apartment per annum.
3) The annual fee for the maintenance of the holiday village is set in your Contract for the Maintenance and Management of the Santa Marina Complex. The costs depend on the size of your apartment. Therefore, the fee varies between EUR 600 and 1,500 per annum. The amount of the maintenance fee, scope of the maintenance, and the basic rules of using apartments at Santa Marina are part of the maintenance contract, which is obligatory for all owners at Santa Marina. The essence of this contract is to make sure that the complex will remain a comfortable place to live in and will also keep its current aesthetic design.
The maintenance of the complex covers its communal parts: both the communal parts of the buildings and the communal parts of the holiday village (gardens, pools, parking, etc.).
The services rendered with regard to the maintenance are:
• 24-hour year-round security and surveillance for the holiday village
• keeping gardens and communal areas clean
• maintenance of the common equipment of the holiday village
• maintenance of the pools
• use of one parking space free of charge for owners
• overall management of the complex
• on-site manager
• life-guards at the pools
It is important to know that the fee for the first year is payable on the day of transfer of property rights or before that. Certainly, you will receive an invoice for this payment. Then, the annual fee is payable not later than December 31st of the previous year. The maintenance of the complex does not cover overhauls inside of apartments, renovations of the supply systems in the villas, taxes and other costs of ownership for the apartments, etc. According to Bulgarian law, these costs are borne by owners.
The renting out of apartments is part of a separate contract between the property management company and the owner of the property. Owners may specify two weeks of the high tourist season, in which they will use the apartment themselves so that the property is rented out in the remaining period. As an owner, you need to specify this in advance so that we know when to rent the apartment out.
The marketing, advertising and promoting of your apartment to tourists is the first obligation of the property manager as per the rental contract. With regard to this, the property management company signs contracts with tour operators and other organisations to provide for a maximum occupancy of apartments rented out at Santa Marina.
To offer for rent the apartment at Santa Marina out, you need to make sure that it is furnished according to 4-star hotel standards (all furniture packs that are offered comply with these standards), to provide your apartment with the specific additional equipment (TV set, towels, bed linen, toaster, plates, cutlery, etc.; all of them part of the Additional Equipment Pack), make sure that bills for the apartment are paid on time (we assist you in that with our Expenses Management Pack), and cover the costs for keeping the apartment clean.
The rental management of the apartment is divided into activities undertaken during the period of renting out of apartments and activities undertaken in the apartment when it is not occupied by tenants. Out of the high tourist season, incl. in the winter period, the property management company continues to take care of the property by paying bills, for instance. The property manager keeps the apartment clean and maintains it in a state to be successfully rented out to tenants. During the periods when the apartment is rented out, the property manager keeps the apartment ready to be accommodated (i.e. clean, equipped with needed items such as towels, various consumables, etc.).
The costs for utilities such as electric supply, water supply, cable TV, etc. are included in the rental price. The everyday cleaning, as well as the change of bed linen is also among the services rendered to tenants. The property manager keeps you informed about the periods in which your apartment is rented out, about incomes, costs to be covered out of the tourist season, etc. For the marketing and management of your apartment, a specific percentage and/or fee of the income yielded is charged from the managing company.
The rest of the income is paid to you each year in the month of December. The payment is made to the bank account of yours you specify in the contract.
To reserve a property, you have to pay a deposit of 2000 Euro
After you have paid the reservation deposit, your Sales Executive will prepare two contracts for you: the Preliminary Contract for Purchasing the apartment and the Contract for the Maintenance and Management of Santa Marina Holiday Village. For each payment you make, you receive an invoice stating the amount paid, the reason for paying, and the date of payment. Along with signing, you are to transfer the first installment due. Its amount depends on the stage of completeness of the apartment you have selected.
The different payment plans for purchasing apartments in Santa Marina are as follows:
1. For the villas that are in the initial stage of construction:
- 40% at signing the preliminary contract
- 40% upon completion of the roof
- 20% upon completion of the building with the respective license issued by the authorities
2. For the villas the rough construction of which has been completed (roof and outside walls ready):
- 70% at signing the preliminary contract
- 30% upon completion of the building with the respective license issued by the authorities
- 60% at signing the preliminary contract
- 20% within 30 days after signing the contract
- 20% upon completion of the building with the respective license issued by the authorities
3. For the villas that are ready to be accommodated it is expected that you pay the full amount of the sales price upon signing the sales contract.
After we have received the sales contract and the maintenance contract signed by you together with the first installment transferred to our bank account (also specified in the sales contract for your convenience), the apartment will be officially labeled “Sold”.
Price: Studios and one bedroom apartments from 51 000 Euros
Two bedroom apartments from 85 000 Euros
3/4 bedroom apartment - 250 000 Euros
Ref. Num.: 3042
- Top location
- Sea views
- Parking area
- Wheelchair friendly
- Historical place
- Maintenance fee
- Newly built
- Swimming pool
- Spa centre
- Tennis court
See on map
- Location: Sozopol
- Type: Apartments
- Bedrooms: Studio - 4
- Bathrooms: 1 - 2
- Size: 52 - 226 m2
- Furnishing: Unfurnished, Fully furnished
- Ref. №: 3042